Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Review for Dread of Night by Joshua D. Boeringa



Dread of Night is a series of ghostly tales guaranteed to make your skin crawl and your heart race. Your fingers will fly through the pages with this read. Mr. Boeringa encompasses everything from mythical monsters, creepy neighbors, serial killer hermits and witchy decapitators. His writing style is powerfully descriptive. His clever use of imagery left me nail biting and tensed to spring through out his work. Every squeaky floor board and creaky door in my house left me unhinged while I read this book. I also found this read rather nostalgic. It reminded me of years passed, of camping trips with friends gathered around a blazing fire sharing scary stories into the wee hours of the morning. I definitely loved this read and recommend it to anyone who loves a good inspiration for a nightmare. My only disappointment was that it wasn’t longer.



I give Dread of Night 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment