Friday, April 15, 2011

Follow Friday!



Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee.

This week's post is by Marie and Brie at Romance Around the Corner.

Do you have anyone that you can discuss books with IRL? Tell us about him/her.

I talk about books with my mother and my students in much the same way housewives sit around discussing their favorite soap operas. Let's be honest, the fictional world can be a whole lot more exciting than the one we live in. We sound like the town gossips discussing the characters we love and despise.

"I can't believe she chose him! Is she an idiot?" or "Poor Rose, what will she do now that Dimitri has crossed over to the dark side?"

Making it more amusing is my husband's reaction when he is ease dropping on the conversation. He'll skillfully attract my attention and mouth the words, "Who are you talking about?" His eyes will be as wide and shocked like a deer stunned in head lights as he nearly dies in anticipation of what he thinks is the most scandalous story in the town's history, only to be let down when I mouth back (very sarcastically), "... a fictional character."

Do you have a "real life" book discussion buddy you can rap with? Who is it and what do you talk about?

Smiles,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment