Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Vampire Valentine is on sale now!


It's here!
How is it that vampires, werewolves and witches always manage to become glamorized in Hollywood? They are forever portrayed as the overwhelmingly gorgeous, record-breaking athletic types with off-the-chart SAT scores! This is such a load of crap. Let’s be honest with ourselves for a minute. It’s never easy being different, even under normal circumstances. Now, factor in the reality that your DNA is something far from human and imagine yourself wandering the halls of an ordinary mortal high school. You still think this would be cool, right? Well, you would be dead wrong (no pun intended). Take it from someone who can claim this miserable fate, it totally sucks!
The name’s Rhapsody Ripper and I am a freshman at Mundane High. Everyone in my school hates me and my two best friends, Hardy Hunter and Samantha Spell. Why? The answer is very simple. We’re freaks of nature, complete outcasts. We’re para-ab-normal misfits and we don’t fit in. Our peers go out of their way to avoid us on a regular basis but today something happened that has never ever happened before.
One of them was nice to me. Actually, he was much more than nice. With only five days remaining until Valentine’s Day, Reese Good, the deliciously warm-blooded star quarterback, invited me to the Sweetheart Dance. Maybe this year I won’t have to spend the holiday invented by a greeting card company alone.

Meet the characters...
Rhapsody Ripper – Blond and beautiful, even with crooked fangs, this brace-faced vampire is a hopeless romantic. She’s had her sights set on winning the affection of the handsome star quarterback of the Mundane High’s varsity football team and has finally captured his attention. Just when she thinks things are going her way her life becomes very complicated.
Hardy Hunter – This werewolf is an asset to Mundane High’s football team as long as he doesn’t get distracted or lose his temper. His loyalty to his friends is unwavering even when he becomes jealous and envious of attention they receive that he doesn’t. More than anything this guy just wants to fit in and be accepted.
Samantha Spell – This witch can’t master her spells or earn passing grades in her classes at Mundane High. Not only does she fail to fit in with the humans but she fears she’ll never get the hang of being a witch. This chick is in dire need of a serious boost in self-esteem.

Celebrate with me on Facebook


Countdown to Valentine’s Day!



February 11th @ 7PM – Caption this!

Prizes – ebook of Vampire Valentine, necklace, 

friendship pin and swag for each round

February 12th @7PM – BookGo!
Prizes – ebook of Vampire Valentine, necklace, 
friendship pin and swag for each round

February 13th @7PM 
Trivia contest about your favorite vampire romance novels.
Prizes – ebook of Vampire Valentine, necklace, 
friendship pin and swag for each round AND a Vampire Valentine poster (shown below) for one lucky winner!

ebook

 swag
 poster

Purchase Vampire Valentine now!


ARC Reviews for Vampire Valentine



~Taneisha @A Diary of a Book Addict


Vampire Valentine is a funny story that I absolutely loved! Amy Jones has such a way with writing that draws you in you can't help but to sit and read her books in one sitting. Lord I have never laughed so hard reading this paranormal romance. It made me remember high school and especially freshmen year in high school. I was so quiet and kept to myself because I had no brothers but I had 11 boy cousins and they were very very over protective. So when it came time to Valentine's day I was excited to be getting all those carnations until my cousins saw them and then the interrogation started. When they found out who sent them they tried to scare him off but he was determined and won the hearts of my uncles and cousins and I was finally able to date him.

Rhapsody is a freshmen at Mundane High School and she has two best friends Hardy and Samantha. They are considered freaks and no one talks to them. Then five days before Valentine Days Reese Good who is the star Quarterback of the football team approaches Rhapsody and invites her to the Sweetheart dance she is thrilled and then shocked because no one has ever spoken to her let alone asked to her a dance. She is scared and excited but at the same time she is being cautious because it is high school and she knows people play pranks so she is keeping her eyes open.

What will happen between Rhapsody and Reese? Will she have a happily ever after with Reese? Will she have a great Valentine's Day? This is a must read for all you romance buffs.

~Mindy @ Books Complete Me

Amy Jones NEVER disappoints. EVER. After reading her amazing book Wildflower, I jumped at the chance to read an advanced copy of Vampire Valentine.

Author Amy Jones has a gift at writing paranormal romance. This Valentine's Day PR leaves you smiling long after you finish the story. I love how I felt when I finished reading this story.

High school SUCKS and everyone feels like an outcast. What better way to symbolize this than a witch, Samantha, who sucks at spells, a hot headed but loyal werewolf, Hardy and a teen vampire with braces, Rhapsody who is not so picky about her snacks (THIS part made me HONESTLY laugh out loud)!

This PR Comedy short not only shows you the nightmares of high school when you are different but gives you an amazing lesson in friendship, trust and believing in yourself and your friends. I was sad when this story ended. I really hope that we get to hear more of this story soon.

~ Jessica @ Literary, Ect...

A vampire, werewolf, and a witch walk into a high school, no this isn’t the start of a joke, but the characters in Amy Maurer Jones’ paranormal comedy short. Vampire Valentine is about three misfit supernatural beings who happen to be best friends. Our vampire is Rhapsody Ripper who has crooked fangs and wears braces. Hardy Hunter is a werewolf and is on the football team. He’s protective of Rhapsody and there might be little more to their friendship, but Jones doesn’t expand on this (I believe Hardy is secretly in love with her). Finally, we have Samantha Spell, Rhapsody's best friend, who happens to be a witch, but she’s still learning to cast spells. So what happens when Rhapsody gets asked to the Valentine’s Day dance by the star footballer? What chaos will ensue? I’m keeping quiet, but I’ll say this, Jones reminds us that high school really does suck.

What I really liked about Vampire Valentine is that it reminds us what it feels like to be in high school all over again. Do you remember your high school crush? I do, his name was Gunther and he wasn’t the star football player, but he did play on the team. I’d get all tongue tied when he’d try to talk to me, so imagine my surprise when he called me one day and I hung up on him! When Reese Good asks Rhapsody to the dance, I was cheering her on, but then immediately my mind went to Drew Barrymore’s character in Never Been Kissed, where she’s asked to the prom and at the end, her date throws eggs at her from the limo with his real date. Lucky for us that doesn’t happen to Rhapsody, but we do have jealous girls and you can imagine what they’ll try to do to sabotage Rhapsody’s big day. Never fear Rhapsody has her best friend to back her up.

In paranormal books, we are often given characters with perfect powers. I loved how Samantha was learning how to be a witch and there’s a hilarious scene involving a spell gone wrong. Jones reminds what it's like to be the outsider. My 15 year old self really could associate with Rhapsody and Samantha. Jones also shows us how students don’t quite understand people from different backgrounds. She does a superb job in Wildflower with this and here she touches upon it with her three misfits. For example, Rhapsody is asked to play the witch in the school play so her fellow students can burn her at the stake and she has to explain that she’s a vampire. Jones is a teacher and it's very clear from reading this and Wildflower, that she truly knows how to get into a teenager's mindset.

Vampire Valentine is a delightful read! If you’re a parent, this is definitely a book you and your teenager can both read and enjoy.

~ Bella from Twi

What a great book. This short story was cute and funny and a great break from the heavy and complicated stories that I often read. I love Samantha and her friends and can't wait for the next in this series.


~ Jacqueline @ JD's Leisure Zone

What if your best friend was a witch? Or a werewolf? Or a vampire? Well what if all three were best friends in high school? Well that’s just what you have in Vampire Valentine. Check out this quote from the book:

I still didn't understand his frustration. If God hadn't intended for vampires to feed on humans he wouldn't have thrown us together in this world.

A witch, a vampire, and a werewolf, at a high school with other normal kids. It makes for the setting for a very enjoyable book.

The vampire gets asked to the sweetheart dance by the guy she took a snack off of. None other than the most popular guy at school, a normal, and on the football team. Then her werewolf friend starts acting jealous. So this brings up the questions: Is football boy’s dance invite for real? Or just a mean prank?

But then the bad of bads happens, and our vampire gal gets banned from the dance on the day of the dance, by the principal. And it seems football boy was genuine in his invite. Check out some more quotes from the book:

I trudged toward my locker after my final class to collect my books before heading home to sit in my bedroom alone for the rest of the evening.

We had no choice but to tell Reese the whole gory story. After he finished cursing at Ashley and Kelly he stalked off toward Principal Pleasant’s office.

So what happens next? How does it all turn out? Now you know my reviews, and I never reveal the ending. You have to buy the book to find out. And it is .99 cents well spent.

P.S.
This is the beginning of a series, and you can look for the next one around April Fools’ Day

~ Michele @ Intoxicated by Books

I was absolutely thrilled by this short story. It is LAUGH OUT LOUD funny and I love the way Amy has written it. The story is very well written and put together wonderfully.



No comments:

Post a Comment