Friday, March 16, 2012

YA Indie Carnival; Lucky Irish!

Welcome to Amy Jones Young Adult Fantasy Fiction and the thirty - third post in the YA Indie Carnival. The carnival is designed for authors, readers and reviewers of YA Indie books. Each Friday this team of YA Indies will post on a common theme.


This week's post theme is the Lucky Irish!
Since tomorrow is Saint Patty's Day we have decided to post about a scene with lucky circumstances. I chose a scene from The Guardians of Souls where one of  the teen Oracles, Laith Lightfoot is having a particularly lucky day.


Warning/Spoiler alert!
At the end of Soul Quest Laith is devastated by the loss of someone very special and near and dear to his heart. In this scene Laith receives some much needed relief from the emotional torment he has been carrying.
















Excerpt:
Our laughter was silenced quickly when we entered the shiny coffee house. In the far corner of the cafe sat our four Guardians and a beautiful Shadowless girl with long, flowing ringlets trailing down both sides of her neck. She looked up to see the four of us and smiled shyly across the distance.


"Melissa?" Laith squeaked out in disbelief.


"You didn't really think I'd bail on that easily, did you?" she smiled coyly as she flicked her translucent curls behind her neck.


Melissa Small was sitting before us in Shadowless form in Stardust's Cafe.

I ran across the coffee shop to embrace my sister, Melissa and stepped straight through her. She laughed at me as I nearly stumbled into the wall. Ordinarily this would have annoyed me but not today. I could feel my heart begin to piece itself back together. I had my sister back. Well, sort of anyway, I had not lost her entirely at least.

"Be careful, you big oaf." she insulted me, but there was affection in her voice. I smiled at her.
"It sure is good to see you again, Melissa." I said.

She returned my smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. It felt strange to hug her in this new form. She wasn't really solid and I could tell that if I hugged her too tightly she would literally slip through my fingers... and the rest of me. Still, she felt warm and I could feel her heart beating as well as her breath in my ear.

She spoke to me, "This isn't your fault, Laith. All of you tried to warn me, but by the time I decided to believe you it was too late."

"I should have tried harder. Now you will never see Mom and Dad, the DA or any of your friends at Forest Hills ever again." I sulked.


"No, not never, just not for awhile." she comforted me. "

I hope you enjoyed my favorite lucky scene from The Soul Quest Trilogy (thus far...). Now, I'm dieing to know what your favorite lucky scene is from your will want to discover the magic ourselves for sure. I can't wait to hear about your lucky books!
Please remember to stop by the rest of my carni friend's blogs in the carnival. I know I can't wait to read all about their luck!


I'm glad you joined me today on the blog! I hope everyone has a fantastic St. Patrick's Day!









Please be sweet and retweet (and post to Facebook)! Pretty please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment